Pubs Re-opening on the Canal Towpaths
Are you a narrowboat owner who is ready to get back out on the inland waterways?
As the lockdown restrictions have now eased, some of you may already know that pubs and restaurants have been given the green light to re-open canal towpaths. For those of you who are planning your next trip to cruise the inland waterways on your narrowboat, and considering stopping off at a waterside pub or restaurants, you are now able to do this. With some restrictions still in place, you should bear in mind the following:
- You need to call in advance to book a table before arriving to your chosen pub/restaurant.
- If there is the option to order your food/drinks on their app then you will be advised to do so to avoid any contact where possible.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 you should take it upon yourself to stay at home and self-isolate.
- The use of the toilet facilities will be controlled by visible signage, therefore you will need to abide by these rules as they are put in place for a reason.
If you’re back out on the inland waterways and looking for great places to stop then you should definitely check out the waterside pubs and restaurants that are located on the canal towpaths.
- The Rodley Barge, Rodley – Visit their website: http://therodley-barge.co.uk/
- The Boathouse Inn, Saltaire – Visit their website: https://www.theboathouseinn.co.uk/
- Malthouse Farm, Chorley – Visit their website: https://www.chefandbrewer.com/pubs/lancashire/malthouse-farm
- The Engineer, Primrose Hill – Visit their website: https://www.theengineerprimrosehill.co.uk/
- The Ice Wharf, Camden Town – Visit their website: https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/the-ice-wharf-camden
- The Waterway, Little Venice – Visit their website: https://www.thewaterway.co.uk/
Grand Union Canal:
- The Boat Inn, Stoke Bruerne – Visit their website: http://www.boatinn.co.uk/
- The Cape of Good Hope, Warwick – Visit their website: https://www.thecapeofgoodhopepub.com/
- Admiral Nelson, Braunston – Visit their website: http://www.admiralnelsonbraunston.co.uk/
Kennet & Avon Canal:
- The George Inn, Bath – Visit their website: https://www.chefandbrewer.com/pubs/somerset/george-inn
- The Somerset Arms, Semington – Visit their website: https://somersetarmssemington.co.uk/
- Fisherman’s Cottage, Reading – Visit their website: https://www.thefishermanscottagereading.co.uk/
Are you looking for Narrowboat Insurance?
Get in touch with the team at Collidge & Partners, by calling 01303 290872 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can apply for a free online quotation by completing our quote form.